Liberal Socialist Party
自由社会党 
Parti Liberal Sosialis
Established: 5 February 1956
Registered: 24 May 1961
Dissolved: 10 September 1963
Symbol: Torch & hand
A merger of two of Singapore's wealthiest parties, PP and DP, to consolidate their position and rival the ruling LF coalition after a poor electoral showing in 1955. Although it became the largest party after the merger, its political fortunes remained dull. In 1958, several batches of members left to establish SPA along with former members of LF and WP. After the 1959 General Election, more crossed over to SPA. Before the 1963 GE, it was dissolved by its remnant members led by Mrs Felice Leon-Soh. Some of them stood as independent candidates in that GE without success.